Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Bullet Catch

The Bullet Catch
In the Spring of 2009 I attended a conference for work in Las Vegas. This was my first time to Vegas and I am not a gambler so I attended some of the great shows there.

My favorite on that trip was the Penn and Teller Show. They had a huge theater at the Rio.

I was lucky enough to be selected to come up on stage for the grand finale The Double Bullet Catch.

They picked me because they requested volunteers that had firearms experience. Being a life long shooter AND magic lover I raised my hand.

This stunt involved Penn and Teller to simultaneously shoot bullets and catch them in each others mouths. Add to the trick that they shot THROUGH panes of glass to show the bullet really flew.



They let me examine the S&W .357mag revolver for a good long time. The only mod was the addition of a small LASER site. It was all normal.

They also opened a fresh box of ammo and had me select a round and then, using a Sharpie, put my initials on the bullet and casing. I loaded the revolver and held the gun until they were ready.

I could see the LASER dot was in fact in Penn's mouth. They fired, the glass shattered, their heads rocked back, Teller handed the gun and then Penn Jillette spit my initialed bullet into the palm of my hand. I opened the revolver and my casing was there.

I will be damned if I know how the hell they did it. INCREDIBLE!

They were so nice after the show the each too pics for me with them back stage.

--The Bullet and Casing are now Relics.

No comments:

Post a Comment