Friday, January 20, 2012

The Fortune

I think this may be the tiniest Relic in the collection. A small piece of paper stuck in the corner of this photo of Brenda.

Ten years ago Brenda and I had just reconnected. We dated for a while starting in 1978 and had not seen each other for 22 years.

It was our third date when we got Chinese food delivered and were eating at my cool coffee table while watching movies on DVD.

Dinner was done and I am one of the few that actually eat the cookies. My Fortune cookie said, "Someone from your past has returned to steal your heart."

We laughed when I read it out loud. It was kind of haunting. At that time neither of us thought we'd ever get married again. But the Fortune was right. Four years later we married. We've been married since 2005.


--She still has it. I still have the Fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment